Wednesday 2 June 2010

Breakout the tracking shoes!

I consider way things are going at the moment, that Heidi isn't doing to bad. I think to progress and to help her with a stronger scent to follow, both from smell and ground/vegetation compression, that it is time to start using the tracking shoes with cleaves attached, at the same time as leaving a blood trail.
The tracking shoes I have are made by Waidwerk in Germany, and are available at a very reasonable price from www.paintandpins.com . They come with just one hose clip each for attaching the cleaves, but I think it will be a good idea to use two (for which there is provision), for better strength and stability.
The cleaves I am using on this occasion are from a Roe that were in the freezer. I laid them in a tray to defrost, at the same time, covering them with water. This juice I then strained into bottles to remove any hairs and debris, and used for diluting blood, hoping this will intensify the tracking line.

No comments:

Post a Comment